Posted to alt.home.repair
RonNNN RonNNN is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:53:57 -0500, RonNNN wrote:

In article ,
says...

On the other hand the ethanol gets the water out right away instead of
allowing it to collect in the bottom of the tank. Condensation is not
as big a deal these days since tanks are not freely vented to air.
They breathe through a carbon filter.

That's true. When the ethanol was first introduced it caused a lot of
problems until most of the water was gone from the tanks. Not only your
vehicles, but the storage tanks at gas stations as well. Evap systems
have helped big too.

This is a constant argument among boaters. Guys say "I put a tank of
E-10 in my boat and had troubles" but the people who use it all the
time don't have any trouble at all.
The only warning is it did attack some kinds of plastic and you
definitely do not want to store it too long. As long as you buy it and
burn it right away you will be fine.
I am old enough to remember lots of pure gas turning to varnish and
gumming up carbs. It was not a panacea

I have a bit of a bitch about my boat motor, but it's not so much the gas
I use, but the fact that it's oil injected. You cant just pull the fuel
line and run the carbs out of gas at the end of the season, so unless you
run it every once in a while in the off season the fuel and oil mixture
gels up regardless of the ethanol. Even the use of stabil doesn't help
much.

--
RonNNN