Posted to alt.home.repair
David B.[_4_] David B.[_4_] is offline

Default Windows 10 users - using edge? :)

On 26/04/2017 07:03, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 8:47:48 PM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
MID:

You may be using edge without realizing you are, btw. Some software
uses html to provide it's gui (Instead of actually having a real one)
and doesn't use 'your' default browser to do it. Windows 10.. gotta
love it. ROFL!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04..._vuln_dispute/
--

I'm using a tiny Windows 10 computer the size of two Zippo lighters placed end to end and running the Chrome browser. What's funny is that any changes that I make to the Chrome browser on the Win 10 computer show up in the Slimjet browser on my Win 7 laptop. I'm wondering if any security issues with Win 10 will affect my Win 7 laptop because they seem to be joined at the hip? I like the Slimjet browser and may install it on the tiny Win 10 computer. Right now I have 4 browsers installed and am giving them all a try. Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Pale Moon. I often switch browsers depending on what I'm doing. Oh well, here I go with Slimjet. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Chubby Monster

During the time I've been using Chrome (since 2008) I've noticed that if
I make changes to Chrome - in any way - such changes are automatically
reflected on my Windows laptop, my iMac AND on my Google Chromebook.

In other words, it's all done 'in the cloud' not on individual
computers. Does that make sense to you, UCM?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome

--
David B.