Art Begun

Default New heat pump and furnace on the way.

Are you changing from gas or oil to heat pump or something like that?

"tflfb" wrote in message
Having my furnace and heat pump replaced in a few weeks.

The installer said that there are not enough wires for the

thermostat
control, and that they will have to get into the attic to fish more

wires
for the control, which is located on wall, I want to use the

existing
location for the thermostat.

Once they get the wires into the wall, where the existing thermostat

is,
they will run them to the furnace in the basement where the flue

vent is, as
there is not access to the basement, the ceiling is finished.

I wonder how they are going to find the spot in the attic to drill

the 2X4
header to fish more wire to the thermostat, I have no objection to

drilling
a small hole in the ceiling above the thermostat as a reference

guide.

Am I thinking thats what they will do?

Tom