Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas meter supports/ fixings

John Rumm presented the following explanation :
On 25/04/2017 14:05, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Our smart meter is fixed on an L bracket, in the cabinet. The L bracket
holds the meter by the two unions only, rather than supporting the meter
from below at the base. The rubber feet are some 2" clear of the cabinet
base.

I thought I read something about the regulations required it to be
properly supported, including a (second) bracket to support it at the
bottom?

Thing is, our latest energy supplier cannot access the OVO smart gas
meter remotely, so they have agreed with me to fit a replacement which
they can work with. I might as well make sure it is properly installed.

Supported on the unions seems to be the "normal" way these days. (the bracket
is strong and the meter not that heavy, so it does not seem to be a problem
in reality)

Thanks All, I will not bother to mention it when the installer calls.