Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows 10 users - using edge? :)

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 8:47:48 PM UTC-5, Diesel wrote:
MID:

You may be using edge without realizing you are, btw. Some software
uses html to provide it's gui (Instead of actually having a real one)
and doesn't use 'your' default browser to do it. Windows 10.. gotta
love it. ROFL!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04..._vuln_dispute/
--

I'm using a tiny Windows 10 computer the size of two Zippo lighters placed end to end and running the Chrome browser. What's funny is that any changes that I make to the Chrome browser on the Win 10 computer show up in the Slimjet browser on my Win 7 laptop. I'm wondering if any security issues with Win 10 will affect my Win 7 laptop because they seem to be joined at the hip? I like the Slimjet browser and may install it on the tiny Win 10 computer. Right now I have 4 browsers installed and am giving them all a try. Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Pale Moon. I often switch browsers depending on what I'm doing. Oh well, here I go with Slimjet. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Chubby Monster