Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Travails about gas

Micky
Tue, 18 Apr 2017
13:28:58 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I said, "I didn't get an email that it was reversed." She said,
"We didn't reverse it. The merchant did." I said it doesn't
matter. You, the Bank (Bank of America) sent me an email that I
was charged and if it's reversed for any reason, you should send
me an email, so that all my emails add up to the right number.
Isn't this obvious. I was laughing and I think I got her laughing
too. And I added, some people read their email on their phone
but don't look at online bank sstatments on their phone.

ROFL. I worked for them in the debit card/credit card fraud and atm
assistance depts...It was reversed because the merchant detected it
was a duplicate charge. If the merchant didn't reverse it on their
own, BoA may have done so, if their system caught it as a duplicate
charge. IE: you (in this case, definitely you) ****ed up and tried to
pay for the same thing twice! or the merchant billed you twice for
the same item, within a certain time frame. If the time frame is
exceeded though, it's considered to be a seperate charge and it'll
stand until/unless you call in and file a dispute.

When you do, it'll be investigated and BoA will decide if the charge
stands or not, based on what the merchant tells them when they are
contacted. If it's a small enough amount, BoA will just reverse it
for you, as a good will gesture. If you do this enough times though,
it won't anymore, your dispute will go thru the investigation process
with a perma note attached to your account. Something along the lines
of 'possible fraudster'; and, you'll be treated accordingly.

I personally, enjoyed catching people trying to do shady ****, as in,
rip off the merchant. I'd file your claim for you without question
and note your account accordingly. Most of the calls I received were
fraud, but, it wasn't fraud as in identity theft or merchant fraud,
it was the customer having buyers remorse and wanting to get his/her
money back, **** the terms of the sale. BoA doesn't play that way,
just so you know.

It's not BoAs responsibilty to send you 'another' email about it.
That email friendly bull**** only tells you when you spent something,
initially. Otherwise, your BANK STATEMENT tells the tale; although
it's not going to show you both charges, as, one was a duplicate. As
far as the bank statement you'll see is concerned, the second one
never happened.

OTH, the individual you spoke with on the phone knows your cards
purchase history going back atleast a year, unless somethings been
changed in policy. Even including when you ****up and enter the wrong
pin. As in, where you did it, the date and time too.

If you can be bothered to check your email on what passes for a
computer these days, you can be bothered to check your ****ing bank
statement, too.

I dealt with ****ers like you, complaining about the email system
too. Always demanding it essentially, babysit them, as you're doing.
Waste of my ****ing time.

But they only reversed one of the two, so I was thinking, maybe I
got $53 when they thought it wasn't working. Doesn't seem likely,
and I don't think the hose was in the tank yet, but I can't really
remember. But if not, how did the gauge go all the way to 3/4s!?

They reversed one of the two because the second one was A DUPLICATE
CHARGE. YOU, not them, tried to pay for the same gas, twice!

There is also the issue that I let one on either side of the pump
perhaps look over my shoulder when I put in the PIN, which pumps
in the US often require you to do, iirc and I might not. Is it
the zipcode sometimes and the pin other times, or never the PIN?

That depends on how you used the card and the merchants policies.
It's part of the fraud reduction system. Chipped cards as well. It
will request both in some cases. The thinking behind that is,
somebody might have stolen your card, and you might have been stupid
enough to write the PIN on the card. (Don't laugh, so many people do
this it's not funny), but the person might not know where you live,
and thus, won't know the right zip code. So, they'll fail it when
asked. Guess either wrong enough times, BoA automatically shuts your
card down, temporarily. Forget to contact BoA within 24 hours of this
happening to report a lost/stolen card, it's dead permanently.

she could ail me a code for a new pin. I said sure. At the end
of the confersation, it stilll hadn't come, so I asked her again.
She said it was being postal mailed. This would actually work if
I had left someoen at home, or if they let me send it to another
address. This last thought zoomed in and out of my head in a
second or two but I didnt' ask.

She isn't going to send you a new PIN to your card via email, or via
text message, no. That PIN is like a lock. You aren't getting a new
key sent via insecure channels. You can change it with a BoA atm, or
go into a local branch. Otherwise, it's going to the physical address
they have on file for you.

So, not only do you do stupid **** with cars, you're a ****ing idiot
with your electronic money too.

Instead, I put the debit card on holda about 4 hours ago -- no
other charges had been emailed me at that time -- and they say the
PIN is no good without the card, which I have. Do you bellieve
them/her?

You ****ing idiot! You just disabled the card you're holding in your
hand. You requested a new pin. You can't use your old pin until the
new one arrives, hence your card is near worthless to you now. It's
already been ****canned by the system. If you have to make any
purchase that requires a pin entry now, you are ****ed two ways from
sunday without the new PIN.

I thought I'd leave the card blocked for a day or two, until I
need money, (then maybe get a lot of money and block it again??)

Haha. Listen, dude, if you make the next person you talk to think
your card has been compromised, they won't put it on hold for you,
they'll shut it the **** down and you'll be issued a brand new card,
to the POSTAL mailing address on file for you.

Your only other option to speed that up is to goto a local branch and
request a temporary card. You're already ****ed now, anyhow. You
killed the PIN for it.

Your account might already have notation concerning this, anyhow. The
csr you spoke with is supposed to document your activities/things you
discuss with them while on the phone. If you heard a lot of typing in
the background, that's what they were doing. It takes few keypresses
and mouse clicks to move around the system.

In fact, just to get you off the damn phone, she might have told you
they placed it on hold for possible fraudulent activity and went
ahead and issued you a new one. You ran her call time up, and that
counts against her.

I do hope you brought other forms of payment with you, rofl, as, you
won't be buying much now with that particular card.