Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Travails about gas

philo news Apr 2017 13:54:21 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 04/18/2017 08:28 AM, Micky wrote:
OT, maybe.

I'm reniling a tiny little car, a Kia Picanto. I haven't
looked up how big the gas tank is but when I fill it, the debit
card charge is about $100. And I'm told gas is about $6 a
gallon, which would make the tank about 16 gallons, less if it's
6.45/gal for example. \

Your credit card company can help you if there was fraud...which
means that if your card was stolen you could get the purchase
canceled. As I look down further I see your charge was $53 which
is probably about right. Seems the credit card company was good
enough to see you were charged twice and only held you liable for
once.

The merchant (not the bank) reversed the charge, because, it was a
duplicate. Mike tried to pay for the same purchase, twice.

He didn't use a credit card. He used a BoA debit card. And, requested
a new PIN-effectively disabling his card for future purchases now.
ROFL! Until, he gets the new PIN. Based on what he wrote, concerning
suspicion of fraud, the CSR (agent) may have also taken the liberty
of shutting the card he has down and issuing a new one.

If it's been longer than 24 hours since this was done, the internal
(I won't give out it's name) won't be able to bring the card he has
back online. The MAINFRAME won't allow it beyond a certain time
frame, it cares not what access level you have. Even they can't
override it. And, they can do many things the agent/supervisors, etc,
cannot.

The PIN and new card are going to the postal address they have on
file for him, seperately. As in, one letter won't contain both of
them.

If he wants it any sooner, he needs to visit an actual branch and
request a temporary card to use in the meantime. If his card has been
shutdown, and he doesn't know it, BoA atms will keep his card, they
will not return it to him once he sticks it in. So, he can goto a
local branch and see if his card is still okay, or risk it with an
ATM machine; which if it is still okay, can change the PIN for him,
right there, on the spot; no waiting.

Those are the ONLY options he has now concerning that particular
card. And, he did it all to himself. So funny.

When I purchase gas, the pump sometimes asks for my zip code so it
was probably just doing that. Since you were in Canada it might
have asked "postal code" .

It's part of fraud reduction, yes.