Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default How do white LEDs work?

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:49:40 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:15:15 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 21:14:46 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

Yes, I've googled it, but there are many different
approaches. Which one is used in domestic LED bulbs?

Varys with who is doing the bulbs. The cheapest ****
does it differently to the stuff with the long warrantys.

Don't they all use something similar to CREE LEDs?

Nope, the cheapest **** has the individual leds clearly visible.

What do you mean by that? You can always se individual LEDs can't you?

Nope, no visible individual leds with the high end led bulbs.
https://www.cnet.com/products/philip...er-kit/review/

There's a plastic over over it.

That's actually what CREE calls a remote phosphor.

What's your point?

That you cant SEE the individual leds.

I thought you were talking about the actual LEDs, not the covered unit. I asked if everyone used CREE LEDs, then for some reason you started talking about if you could see them or not.

--
TV takes over your life when you could be doing useful things like smoking crack and stealing car stereos.