Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default What actually Fails inside of Paper Capacitors

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 13:38:35 -0400, Michael Black wrote:

Paper capacitors are an old type of capacitor. ELementary Electronics
about 1971 showed how to make them yourself, some paper, some foil, some
liquid if I recall properly. I think even then I knew they were hideous,

I'd like to see that E.E. article. That would be sort of fun to try,
just for the heck of it.

E.E. does have PDF file reprints of all their issues on
http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...aster_Page.htm

But finding the right issue might be tough...

Guess I'll begin by downloading all the issues from 71. That will take
most of the day on dialup....