Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default thinking if getting Trex deck

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 14:53:38 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

Excuse me for posting something on topic but I've got a project guy from
Lowes coming over tomorrow to give me an estimate on getting existing
deck replaced by a Trex one.

Know these things are pricey but have talked to friends and have good
ball park idea.

Just wondered what important questions I should ask and what is it like
dealing with Lowes on a project like this.

I'd want to know the qualifications of the contractor/installer. Is
the person factory/manufacturer trained or a fly by night outfit.

A real estate agent I know ordered a glue down vinyl flooring and the
guy came with a tape down type. Not what was ordered. It was late in
the game so she accepted it for the condo to go on the market. It
worked out in the end, but wasn't what she ordered.

Also know that Trex comes in three grades and early decks did not
weather as well and heard they are now vinyl clad for good sun
resistance. Wonder if cheapest grade holds up as well as best.