Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default Wet/dry vacuum hose

Large hoses have a few advantages, but one major disadvantage. The
air speed in a large hose is significantly lower than in a small hose,
which negatively affects the perceived suction at the end of the hose
and can even allow heavier dirt to "fall ou of" the hose instead of
being rushed lonf to the vac.

Point taken. My goal is to use to keep dust down while drywalling (i.e. hold next to rotozip, cleanup general sanding mess, etc). Maybe even put the darn thing outside and run the hose through a window so I don't have to hear it while cleaning up. My concern was there would be a loss of suction due to the smaller diameter/longer length. If you're suggesting it might not be that big an issue, maybe it's worth a go with the 1.25" hose with 2.25" cuff?