Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

On 4/25/2017 12:07 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/24/2017 06:26 PM, Diesel wrote:
The 92 import I've acquired lets me turn it off in park, neutral,
drive, or reverse and remove the key. The ignition switch as well as
the key I've got for it appear to be factory, without anything wrong
with either of them...The shifter isn't on the column, it's in the
center console. I suspect that makes the difference.

No, the shift in my Toyota is in the console and you can't remove the
key unless it's in park, nor can you start the engine unless you're on
the brake. The previous Toyota was a manual and iirc you could remove
the key in any position.

Many cars no longer have a key. Now people park them in the garage
under the bedroom and leave them running. A few people have been killed
from it.