Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The Austin Brexit

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Sadly, it seems to be a standard Brexiteer response to any points
brought up about us leaving the EU. Basically non of the usual tariffs
and duties etc will apply.

More lies. There are no "usual tariffs and duties". Only the ones we
*choose* to apply.

Go on, then. Give us some real world examples.

Two developed countries with no trade agreement at all produce a similar
thing. Lets say wheat. And it can be freely traded either way.

I'm not really interested in your theoretical 'we don't have to apply a
tariff' arguments, since protecting home grown industry etc by tariffs is
as old as the hills

I'm interested in how Brexit will apply in practice. Perish the notion
that I don't want this country to go bankrupt. Which seems to be the
desire of some on here.

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.