Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT The Austin Brexit

"RJH" wrote in message
news
On 24/04/2017 12:46, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
There are no tariffs on stuff we import from the EU.

Of course not. We are still in the EU. It's what the UK government
does
after leaving that is the point.

If the EU slaps a tariff on say Jaguar after we've left, do you really
think the UK won't on BMW? (Just an example for those who can't think
for themselves)

They might well. But in whose interest would that be?

You tell me. You are one of those who wanted to leave our free trade
area.
And not having a trade agreement inevitably results in tariffs or duty
etc.

No it doesn't.

You know you're being disingenuous/trolling there.

No he isnt.

Hypothetically, you're right

And in the real world he is too.

- an aggressive militarised superpower might not.

And plenty of others dont either.

But in reality it will result in a cost, paid either as a duty, tariff,
barter or subscription.

We'll see...