Posted to sci.electronics.repair
George Fields George Fields is offline

Default How to transfer files from phone to computer?

On 04/23/2017 10:00 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 23.04.17 15:53, George Fields wrote:

After plugging my phone USB into computer, and changing settings to
transfer files from phone to computer, instead of charging, there
doesn't seem to be a way to get my file managers on either one to see
the other, and initiate a transfer.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

You might have to configure/enable it in your phone settings.
Look for USB or access settings.
Thats all I can see in my magic globe.
Something about your computer and phone might have been useful for
a better answer.

The phone is an Android 5.0.1. The computer runs Linux mint and Knoppix.

It must have been a hardware problem. Yesterday the hard drives stopped
working, memory was showing wrong on how much is in computer, the
processor was showing way off from what it actually is.

After taking the computer completely apart, cleaning and re-installing
all the hardware, data transfer between phone and computer works like a
charm.

Thanks to all for your help.