Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Now , about Linux Mint ...

Bud Frede
Mon, 24 Apr 2017
10:41:55 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Also, I don't run servers using Mint. I don't think it's usable as
a server OS. That's why I stick to Ubuntu (and waited about a year
before using 16.04 for production servers).

I suppose it depends on the servers role, then. For me, it's a file
server essentially. Provides read only access to my other machines for
music/movies/isos, etc. Things I want/need the other computers to be
able to access without them having to store local copies. Nothing uber
fancy. If I was going to run another kind of server, I'd run CentOS or
FreeBSD. Especially if it was facing the internet.

MATE. I'd also be ok with LXDE or XFCE, but MATE is my favorite. I
lean towards a minimal desktop, and MATE (Gnome 2) stays out of my
way but also has some nice comfort features that I appreciate.

I've got MATE on the older machines that aren't snappy with KDE. For
the ones that can handle it with ease though, I like the eye candy and
additional 'features' out of the box. KDE has spoiled me rotten. [g]