Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

Mon,
24 Apr 2017 16:03:19 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:25:13 +0300, Micky wrote:

Baloney. People, including you, do most of what they do by habit.
I've been parking in Park since my second or third car. (The first
one or two didbn't have Park), almost 50 years. If you still check
whether you're really in Park every time you park, you have OCD.

I have not seen an automatic since the 60s that would let you get the
key out without it being in park. It originally started with the
anti-theft steering wheel locks (key on the steering column)

Prior to writing this post, I went outside and verified the
following...

The 92 import I've acquired lets me turn it off in park, neutral,
drive, or reverse and remove the key. The ignition switch as well as
the key I've got for it appear to be factory, without anything wrong
with either of them...The shifter isn't on the column, it's in the
center console. I suspect that makes the difference.