Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Moving ceiling light

On 24/04/2017 21:02, ARW wrote:
On 24/04/2017 20:24, dennis@home wrote:
On 24/04/2017 16:48, John Rumm wrote:

If we use a B3 MCB and assume a maximum circuit load of 3A that means
we will drop around 264mV per metre of cable. We are allowed 3% of
230V or 6.9V, hence we have a maximum circuit length of only 26m (and
note that includes the drops to the switch wire as well)

But those drops assume tungsten lights and current 240V LEDs will work
down to about 130 volts and they could be made to work a lot lower.
If you were hard wiring LED lamps you could ignore the 3% rule and not
have any problems.

Once we go back to all tungsten lights after brexit the 3% rule will be
essential.

Why would we do that? Is electricity going to be free after Brexit?

Isn't everything going to be cheap after brexit?