Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Covering printed Tube Tester paper sheets with plastic

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 13:05:19 -0700, wrote:

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:21:15 -0400,
wrote:

Probably slightly off topic.

I got a hold of an old tube tester, which works well, but the paper roll
for the settings is not in the best shape and tends to get stuck at the
ends of the roll. I plan to work on that, but I want to make a printed
copy for actual use. I was able to find a PDF file with all that data.
The plan is to print it, coat the pages in some sort of plastic coating,
and punch holes to put it in a 3 ring binder. My question is what to
buy, and where to buy whatever is used to plastic coat the paper????

I have never done this, so I am not sure where to begin.....
I think this is called laminating, which covers both sides of the paper.
I'd be happy to just cover the front side of the page too, unless I
double side the printing, (which I probably wont do, because I am not
sure how to do it on a home printer).

Anyone know anything about this plastic coating?

Thanks

BTW: The tube tester is a SICO (Superior Instruments Co.) model TW11.

Probably the easiest and cheapest wa to get a high quality printed
both sides and laminated product is to ge to FedEx Office, which used
to be Kinko's. I have done this in the past. I brought my pdf file in
on a 3.5" floppy but they must be able to use thumb drives now.
Anyway, I brought in the disc and got back full color, printed both
sides, and laminated sheets. I think I could have had them punch holes
for a three ring binder too if I had wanted.
Eric

This reply surprised me. The reason being that many years ago, I lived
in a city and remember Kinkos. I used to have them copy stuff for me. I
never knew they are now FedEx, which is completely different from the
FedEx shipper I am familiar with. It's weird how companies merge, when
they are not even the same sort of business....

But now that I know companies like that will laminate stuff, I'll have
to look at the phone book for one of the larger cities around here and
see what they offer. Being this is a one time thing, I dont know if I
want to buy a laminating machine. I guess prices will make the decision.
Or, maybe I'll try to use the iron method, after I find the sheets.....

Punching the holes is the easy part!