Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. electric cars - do they have gearboxes?

On 23/04/2017 22:26, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Tim Streater
wrote:

Perhaps these researchers are of the same ilk as the Cold Fusion ones,
or that autism/vaccination [1] twerp.

[1] I see the anti-vax twerps are still on the go, with outbreaks of
measles as a result.

Some of us were not willing to risk MMR, but paid for single vaccines to
gain the protection - rather expensive at 3 vaccines per child, £136 per
vaccine and 3 children, but we had our reasons.

At the time of the "scare" my wife (a nurse) worked directly with two
different colleagues, both of whose children were developing normally,
both children had the MMR, both suffered a fever and went floppy the
evening of vaccination day. In both cases, the children took a week to
recover and had regressed significantly. Both were later diagnosed as
autistic.

Having such immediate experience of what some people were saying
persuaded us not to take the risk.

Getting the single vaccinations was not easy, as not only were they
expensive, but the government had apparently put a limit on how much
could be imported, creating a national shortage.

SteveW