Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default My wife picked up a TV

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:37:37 -0500, Foxs Mercantile
wrote:

On 4/24/2017 12:56 PM, wrote:
Because I live in the country, I burn the plastic or
wooden cabinet parts.

No, because you're an asshole.

The CRT is the hard part to get rid of. I put it in
a cardboard box, and smash it. Then that goes in the
trash (kind of hidden).

See above.

The EPA was founded because of people like you.

I hate to burst your bubble, but guess what. If you lived in the
country, you would also burn your garbage. Of course in your case, you'd
probably let it pile up and attract rats, because rats are probably the
only friends you have....

We also burn wood to heat our homes. I suppose you find that offensive
too. Then again, you strike me as nothing but a grouchy old a rude
asshole looking to find fault with others so you can pick fights on
newsgroups. I know your type. However I dont come to newsgroups to start
trouble, I come here to discuss the topic of the group in a friendly
manner. People like you are the reason people like me have kill filters.
And you just earned a place in mine....

One other thing, If I dont burn my trash, it will be burned at the local
landfill. They charge big money to haul away trash, sort out the metals,
and burn the rest, creating an ugly mess, covering acres and acres of
land, which will be there forever. I sort out my metals, recycle them,
and burn whatever burns, leaving nothing but a small pile of ashes,
which I bury every few years, and is never seen again.

But I'm sure an old grouch like you cant comprehend that. You live in a
big city where everything is done for you. You have no clue where the
trash goes once it's removed from your property and have no clue where
your food comes from either.

Goodbye!