Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Renting a car?

On 04/24/2017 08:30 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip]

It's *you* that specifically stated that you have forgotten to put this vehicle in
Park 2 or 3 times in the short time that you have been driving it. That is sure proof
that you have not gotten into the "habit" of operating it correctly. You, yourself, have
even stated that you aren't really sure why.

Therefore, *you* need to check that it is in Park every time you want to exit the
vehicle. It has nothing to do with OCD. It has everything to do with the fact that you
have been operating it incorrectly and until such time that it either becomes "habit" or
you return the vehicle, it would behoove you to check that it is in Park every time.

Some people call it "thinking about what you are doing". Try it and see how it works for you.

To me putting it in park, setting the parking brake, removing the key,
and getting out or the car (HOLD the key while closing the door) are
parts of the SAME action. Is becomes next to impossible to do one
without the others.

There was one time I had to (because of a dead battery), and it was
difficult to get out of the car while it was still running.

BTW, that's the battery I got replaced free less than a month before the
"free replacement" ran out.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The Bible is a book that has been read more and examined less than any
book that ever existed." [The Theological Works of Thomas Paine]