Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Covering printed Tube Tester paper sheets with plastic

In article ,
says...

Probably slightly off topic.

I got a hold of an old tube tester, which works well, but the paper roll
for the settings is not in the best shape and tends to get stuck at the
ends of the roll. I plan to work on that, but I want to make a printed
copy for actual use. I was able to find a PDF file with all that data.
The plan is to print it, coat the pages in some sort of plastic coating,
and punch holes to put it in a 3 ring binder. My question is what to
buy, and where to buy whatever is used to plastic coat the paper????

I have never done this, so I am not sure where to begin.....
I think this is called laminating, which covers both sides of the paper.
I'd be happy to just cover the front side of the page too, unless I
double side the printing, (which I probably wont do, because I am not
sure how to do it on a home printer).

Anyone know anything about this plastic coating?

Thanks

BTW: The tube tester is a SICO (Superior Instruments Co.) model TW11.

As this will probably be a one time thing, I doubt yoy want to spend the
money for a laminating machine.

Staples may provide that service for you.

You can do it at home by buying just the laminating paper, use a hot
iron and put a thin towel over it. Several you tube examples of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWhLZ5HtaM0

The laminating paper is just clear plastic of some type that when heated
will stick.

The paper is usually sold sort of like a clear envelope where you insert
the paper between the sheets. Just like making a sandwitch