Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default nice when something actually works

In article , "frank says...

My snow-thrower recommends running dry or storing with stabilized gas.
First years I ran dry but then stored with stabilized gas but it would
not start. Fine reading of manual says to use gas without ethanol which
is only available in marine supplies as apparently it attacks seals.
Also a friend told me that gas sitting in carburetors of some machines
can evaporate gumming it up.

I have a tiller for the garden I run one or two days a year. I always
run it dry. Put in fresh gas with out that ethanol in it. Well, the gas
has been in a can for several months, from the last time I bought gas
for the mower (no snow blowing or anything in the winter months) with
stabil in it.

The tiller will start with one pull. Has done it for the last 10 years.

My 2 cycle leaf blower sits with the gas whever I left it from the fall
to the spring, several months. It takes 2 or 3 pulls to start like it
has from the time it was new. It has the ethanol free gas, stabil and
oil mix in it. Been doing that for over 10 years also.

All the small engines I have get the ethanol free gas with stabil in it
now and sofar no problems.

I did have a 5 kw generator that I used the gas with the ethanol in it
at one time. Every time I wanted to use it, the thing was gummed up and
would not start. I would have to clean all the 'green gook' from the
carborator and it would start with 2 pulls with fresh gas. I now drain
and run it dry and use the ethanol free gas in it.

Have you checked out this sight for the EF gas ?

http://www.pure-gas.org/