Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Ants - solar Lights

wrote in message
On Monday, 24 April 2017 11:39:15 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"pamela" wrote in message
On 23:49 23 Apr 2017, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote
wrote

I too am having this issue but they are also inside the lights
causing damage. I've lost 4 lights so far to them nesting and
packing larva in the electrical parts.

I will try the powder in the steaks today.

silicone to stop them getting in might be better.

Trouble is if you seal them up so no ants can get in, the water
that gets sucked in due to the things heating up and cooling
down when wet, can't get out.

Charles's Law with a fixed volume?

Yeah, its the temperature change that tends to suck in water
if you dont have a perfect airtight seal and then there is no
way for the water to get out if you try to make it ant tight.

Ant repellent powder inside works better.

If you're stupid enough to permit no water escape, of course you'll have a
problem.

There is no way to let water escape and not let the smallest ants in,
****wit.