Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Storing passwords and associated security questions - X-post

On 24/04/2017 14:15, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:37:19 +0000, David wrote:

snip

I know you can get password managers which can sync between devices but
this places a lot of trust in a remote service, and LastPass has had
some bad press recently.

I think - despite the issues recently documented - having a password
manager is more secure than not

Assuming that I don't necessarily want automatic generation of long
random passwords and then pasting of them into web browser fields is
there any reason not to use a flat file (or simple spreadsheet) to
record all the details then use a free encryption package to secure
them?

Probably stored on a USB stick.

The main platform would be Windows 10 but Android support would be a
bonus.

How will you get your USB stick into an Android device ?

Something like

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAXINDA-Mic.../dp/B01MRZCPZD