Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW[_2_] ARW[_2_] is offline

Default Moving ceiling light

On 24/04/2017 11:51, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My mum's 1968 bungalow had *no* sockets in the third bedroom.

My 1968 council flat was comparatively well equipped with 2 sockets in each bedroom and lounge and *three* in the kitchen plus a cooker point.

The new build my parents bought in 1962 had no sockets in the third bedroom, one single in each of the other bedrooms, two singles in the through lounge, three singles in the kitchen only because one should have been a cooker point but they opted for gas and a single in the corridor. I think in those days you got what you were given and there were no options for adding additional sockets. Oddly enough there was provision for two wall lights as well as a centre light in the lounge, fortunetly they did not go for those "Clam shell" types that were all the rage in the 50s.

About right. My parents 1969 build was 2 single sockets per room (only
one in the small bedroom). Gas CH was an optional extra (the coal fire
was included in the price).

All sockets done on one 4mm radial circuit.

--
Adam