Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Renting a car?

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:03:19 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:25:13 +0300, Micky wrote:

Baloney. People, including you, do most of what they do by habit.
I've been parking in Park since my second or third car. (The first
one or two didbn't have Park), almost 50 years. If you still check
whether you're really in Park every time you park, you have OCD.

I have not seen an automatic since the 60s that would let you get the
key out without it being in park. It originally started with the
anti-theft steering wheel locks (key on the steering column)

It actually started with cars rolling away when the shifters were
either bumped or not fully engaged in park - The solution was to make
it impossible to take out they key if not fully engaged (or at least
that was the theory)