Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default nice when something actually works

Frank wrote:
songbird wrote:

have to get the lawn mowed today and so
pulled the mower out of the shed, changed
the oil, topped off the gas... started on
first pull.

luckily i do not have to do the mowing
(yet).

I learned years ago, the hard way, that you make sure your mower is OK a
few weeks before needing. Mine would not start one year when I needed
it and backlog was 3 weeks in the mower shop.

she who mows wants to buy a new one.
this one has worked very well for some years
now. it did need a new carb put on it and
that has been all done to it other than new
blades or me sharpening them once in a while.

it does need some work (rusted cables need
to be replaced) but i want to do that service
run after the season is over. that will be
a good time to take it to the shop before we
put it away for the winter.

Another shop told me it is the same way with snow-throwers and generators.

hmm, may rethink timing, but if i take it any
other time then it means we may get stuck without
a mower when we need it. where we stored it for
the winter meant it wasn't coming out very easy
any time. this coming winter i hope we'll have
more room in the garage instead of stuffing it
in the garden shed.

songbird