Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Petition about charges at LA tips

In article ,
wrote:
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Right. So we all have to pay to dispose of builder's spoil now?

The reason we are encouraged to recycle is for the councils to avoid
fines for not recycling. The same councils (or more likely private
concerns) charging us directly on point of use for that, is not going to
help them achieve less fining with all the dumping going on.

Stick a waste disposal surcharge on the planning application costs for
buildings and refurbs. I'm sure a sliding charge can profit from some of
the larger developments, and usefully pay for prosecutions, etc.

--
Adrian C