Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Older Sketchup???

On 04/24/2017 9:21 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Be sure to turn what you have into a component before you start adding
stuff to it.

I'm beginning to get a crude idea, but facility is yet a _long_ way off!

So, say start with a rough cube as outline of a four-square, you're
saying that should be turned into a component before adding on
additions, for example?

In watching/reading more, it seems like where I was trying to create a
basic box from ground to upper header height, then add a roof slanted
back to wall, it may be "more easier" to instead create the total height
and slice away what not wanted...but, to get eaves overhang, seems like
should start with another outline...

There seem too many choices of which way to proceed...

I guess "time in grade" is required to figure out how to get to an endpoint.