Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default HOOKING UP AMP GAUGE ?

On 24.04.17 0:56, amdx wrote:
On 4/23/2017 5:34 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
On 23.04.17 19:44, wrote:
I have zero knowledge of shunts. Maybe this evening.

I see the recommendation has company:

https://powerwerx.com/blue-sea-1732-...nel-dc-ammeter

rated at 100 amp shunt. If I add an external 100 amp shunt to the
internal shunt what does the meter read ?

what is a shunt doing to the flow of electricity back to charging the
battery ?

why should you add a second resistor?
Just read the voltage across the the one already there.
You cannot disturb anything by adding your voltage meter to it.

What resistor is already there?
What are you looking at?
Mikek

---