Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default General election

Labour hasn't been a party of the working class - the white working
class for two decades or more. Not since Thatcher really.
Its the party of the nouveau rich middle class, you know 'me grandad
were a milkman but I am a sound engineer at the beeb, and own me own
house' sort.

Working class are way right of Labour.

My grandad was a proper London wheelwright, then a bus conductor and I
work for a university, so in theory I am an ideal candidate.

Except my other grandad was a barrister's clerk and a freemason. I guess
that side won over