Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Button holes

On 04/23/2017 02:54 PM, Oren wrote:

[snip]

...and got a free toaster from the local bank. I used to have a free
Robert E. Lee bank as a kid to save my coins in.

When I was in third grade, I had a "dime kitty" from a bank. This was a
card with 30 dime-size slots, each with a drawing of a cat (slightly
more complete than the previous one). There were also the words "Feed me
dimes. Watch me grow." Apparently, you could open a bank account for $3
in 1968.

For some reason, thinking about that reminded me of the sheets of stamps
in the ads for record "clubs". Of course they weren't postage stamps,
but pictures of record albums.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions,
a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a
personal God." -- Albert Einstein