Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Button holes

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 15:33:56 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 11:06:54 AM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 10:24:59 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/22/2017 06:33 AM, Thomas wrote:
'Good' shirts have the horizontal hole.

Guess I need to invest in better t-shirts

(...or "wife beater shirts") https://tinyurl.com/n4ezr45

IIRC female shirts have buttons on the opposite side than a male
shirt.

From what I've read it's because the wealthy women of the past had servant girls to dress them and it was easier for the servant to button the female master's clothing with the buttons on the left. Of course there are lots of theories. ?(?)?

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...uttons/388844/

http://tinyurl.com/jaol382

[8~{} Uncle Buttoned-up Monster

My bride gave me a really nice shirt once. Buttons on the left, it was
to awkward to button so I gave it back. I don't change habits easily.