Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default Repairing "non-repairable" shoes.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Which reminds me, I need this operation doing on one of my pairs of
shoes, because my left shoe always wears down on the LHS side of the
heel; the right shoe wears on the opposite side but far less so. Someone
who analyses gait would probably tell me that I walked all wrongly :-)

Yep, you mum was right, you should have been sent to your room
for not walking properly or flogged until you did walk properly if
you hadn't enjoyed that so much the last time she tried that.

It's interesting that it only really started about five years ago when I had
a heart attack and cardiac arrest. Although I've made a pretty full recovery
(confounding the doctors who told my wife and parents that my chances of
survival were low, and when I did survive that my chances of not having
brain damage were low) I did to begin with have a bit of weakness on one
side of my body, and I wonder if it's affected my gait in a way that I can't
even notice - I can still walk briskly or cycle, and I don't *think* I'm
lopsided.

Anyway, since then, then rear left edge on the heel of my left shoe seems to
wear.