Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default General election

On 23/04/17 19:24, wrote:
On Saturday, 22 April 2017 14:08:10 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
any or all of the EU nations can agree quickly on anything that is
to everyone's advantage like e.g., a common standard for TV
transmission

Didn't know we had that

or electrical voltages

well sort of, but Europe never got round to adopting a proper
polarised fused plug like what we use, and harmonising black cable to
neutral was a really good euroidea.

its arguable. but power sockets are really not international things.

And in any case its amazing what people will fit. Ive seen expat houses
in S Africa wired entirely with German /scandinavian sockets, rather
than the standard 15A legacy plugs. When I visit I take 13A extension
strips with 15A plugs fitted :-)

or sharing police and security information. Or even respecting each
others driving licenses

Obviously we should be allowed to drive in Italy, Greece, Romania etc
but I'm not sure that having an Italian, Greek or Romanian licence
adequately prepares someone for driving here

Anymore than a UK driving test does...

I take it you have never driven in Italy...

In other words, if its good to cooperate, nothing post brexit stops
us. If its bad, we now don't have to.

But we probably will because all the opposition parties will want to
derail the government regardless of whether the matter is Brexit or
anything else.

Oh, if we actually do brexit, I think that it oill all become a storm in
a teacup as everybody realises what a blindingly obviously good idea it
was, and the EU sinks beneath the waves of gimmegrants...just as
happened with Britain and te Euro. No one today has even remotely
suggested we join that, for YEARS.

In the end the people are always conned by the establishment, but
occasionally they wake up and kick back.

I think this is one such 'coffee moment'

Let's see what the Frogs do with their president. If Frex-zit happens
the EU looks pointless.

Owain

Josef Stalin