Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT The Austin Brexit

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , TimW
wrote:

On 22/04/17 15:27, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , TimW
wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9-A5RRXcAA0ea9.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why there would be tariffs.

The single market is a a tarriff-free zone

And tariffs on imports, even if we went WTO, would be under our
control. You seem to have bought into the lie that being WTO would
*automatically* mean tariffs.

Can you really see this country allowing in all imports with no tariffs
at
all?

More ****-stirring and making things up, I see. Did I say anything
about "all imports"? No.

From countries which will have imposed a tariff on our exports?

So if they impose tariffs, our tariffs would automatically spring into
life? You're just spouting more Remoaner bull****.

The problem with that line is there's more than one of "them"

We cannot remove tariffs from imports from the EU without also removing
tariffs from imports (of the same thing) from the USA or China (you can
replace remove with impose in that sentence to get the contra view)

How do we balance this trick if the EU wants to impose tariffs on us, but
the US doesn't? (for the purpose of the discussion, just pretend that
might happen)

Why can the EU selectively impose a tariff on stuff
from Britain, but Britain can't do what with the EU ?

You've had a massive brain fart.