Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default General election

On Saturday, 22 April 2017 14:08:10 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
any or all of the EU nations can agree quickly on anything that is to
everyone's advantage like e.g., a common standard for TV transmission

Didn't know we had that

or electrical voltages

well sort of, but Europe never got round to adopting a proper polarised fused plug like what we use, and harmonising black cable to neutral was a really good euroidea.

or sharing police and security information. Or even
respecting each others driving licenses

Obviously we should be allowed to drive in Italy, Greece, Romania etc but I'm not sure that having an Italian, Greek or Romanian licence adequately prepares someone for driving here

In other words, if its good to cooperate, nothing post brexit stops us.
If its bad, we now don't have to.

But we probably will because all the opposition parties will want to derail the government regardless of whether the matter is Brexit or anything else.

Owain