Posted to alt.home.repair
Naturous Naturous is offline

Default BD, pick up the phone

Diesel formulated the question :
Naturous news Apr 2017 21:44:32 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Diesel pretended :
Plastering is part of the Masons, which is over 4 thousand years
old. I don't do word walls so if you are interested, or don't
want to be seen as an idiot, look it up.

I'm well aware of what their history is, David. However, you
aren't a brick mason, afaik. There is a difference between those
trades. A considerable difference, excluding of course the
materials you're working with. Brick masons are a special breed.

Well there you go, you really are ignorant of what plastering
involves.

To a point, yes. I'm not a plasterer myself, despite knowing some in
person. You already know I'm in the electrical/IT trades, so, I run
across all types of trades people as part of that.

Did you ever wmnder how the rock backgrounds on film making were
done?

Not really. It seemed obvious to me. And, when I watched several how
it's made/how it's done/behind the scenes educational shows on
various things, what I suspected turned out being true. I'm a Gen X,
David. Not a Millenial.

Speaking of film making, Are you familiar with Dick Warlocks work? I
know him in person. I have a signed autographed picture of him. It
says "Dustin, if you hack my computer, I'll hack your head."; I've
worked on his personal computers not only at a shop I was employed
at, but at his house too, transferred some very old video (black and
white) he had of him in a particular western to dvd, and, been out to
dinner with him and his wife.

Did you ever visit Knotts Berry Farm? The train goes through a
plastered mountain.

I've never heard of it.

Ever go to Disneyland?

Nope. Can't say as I ever wanted to go, either. Amusement parks have
never held much interest for me. I don't give a **** about comic book
characters, either. If it helps you to better understand me.

The submarine ride was done in stucco, as was the matterhorn ride.

I have no idea what either of those are...

Strange that you never heard of those rides. Disneyland and Knotts
Berry Farm are known world wide.

Remember the religious group that commited suicide in Rancho Santa
Fe? Heavens Gate it was, the house they died in I did the stucco
work, inside and out, a 9,000 square-foot residence in Rancho
Santa Fe, near San Diego, ... all 39 members committed suicide.

I've seen documentaries about it, sure. They didn't cover who built
what though. Cool? that you yourself did the stucco work, though.

The house was sold real cheap and demo'd. The land was re-developed and
sold cheap. It seems that the land has a jinx because of the suicides.

--
How do we spell F-R-A-U-D, kiddies? Hint: D-U-S-T-I-N C-O-O-K.