Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default wireless mice double pulsing

wrote:
On Sunday, 23 April 2017 11:20:40 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs
when only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and
one desk machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using
different mice. Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch
(could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over switches but
mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the effort.

It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find new
now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a conversion
box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work with PS2.

why don't you just use ps2 mice? IME with ball mice, the older they are the better they work.

NT

That's my experience also.