Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:57:59 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 7:08:10 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/22/2017 1:12 PM, Micky wrote:

They used to emboss the year of American cars on tail light lenses,
and that was great, but I don't think they do it anymore.

Really? Never saw that on any of my cars, first one being a '53 Mercury.

Really. If you don't believe Micky (not that anyone would blame you)
ask this guy:

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-CM10GD-.../dp/B00G5R4E9A

I remember it well.

This car doesn't have any miles on it. Only km, whatever that is.

.... My friend tells me you can convert km to miles, so when I'm in
the car, I'll write down what the number is.

Multiply by .62 to get miles.

The scary part of his post was: "Only km, whatever that is."

You guys take everything so seriously! That was an example of
American Jingoism.

He needed someone to tell him that you can convert km to miles. Holy
crap!

Maybe it wasn't funny but you certainly should know it wasn't serious.