Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Diesel scrappage

On Thursday, 20 April 2017 19:01:29 UTC+1, Another John wrote:
In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Surely there is no point in running empty buses just in case someone need
it?

That was the whole point of public services: they were there. You knew
they were there, and you knew you could rely on them, and (in the case
of buses), you could rely on a regular, frequent service. So people
used them -- and I for one would use them again, if any of those
attributes still existed around here.

Just about any country that I've visited in Europe does public transport
better -- far better -- than the UK does. Perhaps they just haven't
"caught up with us yet". They need a Thatcher to sort things out for
them.

J.

This could be the solution.

http://www.istanbultrails.com/2009/0...i-in-istanbul/