Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Diesel scrappage

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Graeme wrote:

I knew you were a Scot, Dave, but didn't realise you were from this
area. Did you know Ballater station was razed a couple of years ago?

Yes. I was there only a couple of weeks ago. And noted some of the flood
damage still not sorted.

Indeed. The village is still full of white vans, 16 months later.
People are coming from all over the place - I was chatting to guy from
Manchester a few days ago. 7 hours each way.

A scary day. Began when I was out with the dog, and predicted to peak
at lunchtime. We had water on three sides, which came up the drive to
within a couple of feet of the house. Sure enough, just after mid day,
it stopped then receded. All gone by tea time. We were very, very
lucky.
--
Graeme