Posted to alt.home.repair
Idlehands Idlehands is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

On 2017-04-22 11:12 AM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 12:27:33 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 18:37:12 +0300, Micky wrote:

1) The tires have not reached the supposed "must replace" level,
where the the tread is the same height as set of rubber bands that go
from one side of the tread to the other (I'm sure there's a name for
this), but the tread is only about twice that deep.

Somewhere I got the idea that major car rental companies replaced the
tires will before this level**. Am I wrong about that? **(and
that's one source of used tires).

I doubt companies like Hertz keep cars long enough to wear out tires.

It's Budget. I guess the name alone implies they keep them longer.
I ignored the owers manual because it's too long to read and it's in a
foreign language, but I will look at it to see what year car it is.

They used to emboss the year of American cars on tail light lenses,
and that was great, but I don't think they do it anymore.

They generally replace them on a 2 year cycle or when they get into
the 40-50k miles range.

This car doesn't have any miles on it. Only km, whatever that is.

Wow, the ugly American abroad....sheesh, talk about living the stereotype.

.... My friend tells me you can convert km to miles, so when I'm in
the car, I'll write down what the number is.