Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finally Succumbed To the Barn Door Fad

dpb wrote in news
On 04/22/2017 1:55 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 1:30:11 PM UTC-5,
wrote:

;!) Yeah, Texas offers most everything.

Do you guys have big corn fields in Texas? I think I'd miss them.

Yessir. Only about 3 MILLION acres of it!

There's some, but nothing approaching corn belt...

Planted acres
https://www.nass.usda.gov/Charts_and_Maps/Crops_County/cr-pl.php
Harvested acres
https://www.nass.usda.gov/Charts_and_Maps/Crops_County/cr-ha.php
Grain Production
https://www.nass.usda.gov/Charts_and...nty/cr-pr.php?

Even KS(!) has almost 5 M A grain corn + another 0.5M A for silage. I
don't know what acreage in IA must be; other than IA isn't all that
big comparatively as a state holds it back...

I've lived in dark green areas (from the first map) most my life. Seeing
corn is as normal as seeing cows between my aunt and grandma's house.

The great thing about those dark green areas is that the entire world
begins anew every 3-4 months. Planting: the corn starts turning the
brown/black soil to a bushy green. Growing: The roads turn into a kind
of tunnel. Harvest: neat nooks and crannies develop. Winter: You can
see for miles and miles.

Puckdropper