Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Beel Howard Beel is offline

Default Diet Soda BS

"Martin E" wrote in message
On 4/22/2017 9:12 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 12:00:53 AM UTC-4, Martin E wrote:
On 4/21/2017 3:36 PM, You Already Know wrote:

Im tired of my tax money being wasted on junk "science" like this lie
that claims diet soda increases risk of stroke and dementia.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/health...ementia-study/
Because if it was true, then why havent I had strokes and shown signs
of dementia? Hmmm?

Gunner, who scarfs Diet Mt Dew every day.

---

I fully agree that was voodoo science used. That was medical not
science.

Science starts out and see's what happens. They started out to prove a
point.

How do you know this? Did you read the study? I did, and you're full of
baloney.

Very interesting. How many died? How many got cancer? How
many smoked ? ........ How many lived next to a Nuke power plant ? How
many lived near a pipeline ? How many drank Booze ? how many smoked pot
and how many ...other drugs.

Instead of pulling answers out of your ass, Martin, you'd do better to
read the study first. Then see if you have a disagreement with the
methodology, the statistics, or the conclusions:

"After adjustments for age, sex, education (for analysis of dementia),
caloric intake, diet quality, physical activity, and smoking, higher
recent and higher cumulative intake of artificially sweetened soft drinks
were associated with an increased risk of ischemic stroke, all-cause
dementia, and Alzheimer's disease dementia. When comparing daily
cumulative intake to 0 per week (reference), the hazard ratios were 2.96
(95% confidence interval, 1.26-6.97) for ischemic stroke and 2.89 (95%
confidence interval, 1.18-7.07) for Alzheimer's disease. Sugar-sweetened
beverages were not associated with stroke or dementia.

We pay for junk studies all of the time.

You tell 'em...

Ed -
The study was for xxxxx. It wasn't a study on the effects or workings of
this additive.
When you start out a research that defines the goal it tends on proving
that and nothing else. We in Physics are taught to roll the dice and see
what happens. They load the dice.

Martin

The study shows the need for a soda tax.

Best Regards
Tom.

---
http://www.avg.com