Rufus V. Smith

Default Peel and Stick Tile

We found some decent looking wood pattern Peel and Stick Tile (Vinyl, I
think) which
we thought would work over the cement floor in the basement. After a little
while
after applying (days or weeks) they started to peel and warp upwards.

It was very humid in the basement, could that have helped cause this
problem? We
put in a dehumidifier and I think I'll get one of those aquarium pumps
referred to in
other posts to automatically empty it, because I don't think my son bothers
to empty
it, and I don't get down there too often.

It seems to alleviate the problem somewhat, but I don't get down there too
often and
don't look too closely. Should I have put down a plywood layer over the
cement first,
then the tiles? I know this is better, but is it absolutely necessary?

I've been told the glue on the self-adhesives is fine. Any comments on
that?

Rufus