Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Renting a car?

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 19:01:01 GMT, "Tekkie®"
wrote:

On 22-Apr-2017, wrote:

I always inflate my tires a little over recommended because they
handle better that way and the tires last longer. They don't ride
quite as cushy.

On my truck, with oversized tires, getting the pressure right is
tricky. It's a little Ford Ranger that came with 14" "scooter wheels"
and now has 235/70 16s on it that look like they actually fit the
wheel wells.26PSI seams about right when the truck is empty, and with
50 20 liter bags of top soil (basically full to the top of the box)
the springs wend down a couple inches this morning, but the tires
looked perfectly happy and it rides like a dream!!!

Clare, did you see that Ford is going to make the Ranger again? I tried to
get a used one but nothing out there. I don't even know if I fit in it.

I also have my tires slightly overinflated. A tread depth indicator is a
help. I don't need a cushy ride either.

Yes, the new Ranger will be a bit bigger - basically the size the
F150 started out as or just a bit smaller - like a Canyon. I lucked
into my Ranger 5 years ago. Looked like it just left the showroom
floor with 307000Km on it. Paid $1500 for it including cap and
bed-liner with a bad clutch release cyl. I replaced the whole clutch.
It needed a windsheild - got an OEM one installed for under $300.

Still has original rear brakes and headlight bulbs,(along with
virtually everything else except front brakes and U-Joints.)

see it at:
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...dex.php?n=2183