Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT Renting a car?

On 4/22/2017 5:13 PM, Diesel wrote:
Frank "frank news Apr 2017 17:57:05 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

New cars with service warnings take a dealer to turn off. PITA if
you change your own oil.

Not exactly. You can acquire the scanner and do it yourself. It may not
be worth the cost, but, you can do it.

With new car, synthetic oil, retired and driving less, I quit changing
my own oil. Had to take my 1 yr. old car in for first oil change last
month. All the lights had come on, oil, tires, whatever. When I went
to leave, one light came on and I went back in to get a guy to shut it
off. Think he had to walk counter clockwise around the car reciting the
Hail Mary in French while pushing the open door on the key 10 times.
Seriously it must have taken him 5 minutes.